Friday 5 April 2013

Rhossili - a double take


Walking past a bookshop my eye was drawn to a cover, Wales by William Condry, with a photo of a sunny beach. I bought the book because I like reading the words of Bill Condry. On closer inspection I realised it was a book based on the properties of the National Trust as at 1991.

I then realised the reason for the familiarity – that sunny beach was Rhossili Bay (by Joan Gravell) as per the striking painting on the Spring 2013 cover of Natur Cymru (by Judith Bridgland). What a coincidence that our National Trust themed edition of Natur Cymru should feature the same scene as the 1991 book. Or was our editor being clever?

The spring 2013 edition of Natur Cymru can be bought at the National Trust shops at Erddig, Rhossili, Powis Castle, Tredegar House, Llanerchaeron, St David's, Aberconwy House, Dinefwr Park, Dolaucothi, Plas yn Rhiw and Tŷ  Isaf in Beddgelert.



No comments:

Post a Comment